Okie, so those who know me well, also know how damn much i’m obsessed with Harry Potter ! 😀 So, i just finished reading all the 7 books for the 3rd time and well, here are some of the things (or Life Lessons) i learnt from them. I think we all could actually really learn alot about Life from these books. Hats off to J.K. Rowling !
Life Lessons ~
1. It is our choices, that show what we are, far more than our abilities.
2. A guy and a girl can be friends ~ Harry and Hermoine proved it.
3. Don’t Judge Someone Based on the Past. Not everyone is mean and bad in reality ~ Snape turned out to be good.
4. People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
5. The things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end – if not always in the way we expect.
6. The pen is mightier than the sword.
7. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself. ~ Albus Dumbledore
8. True love does exist ~ After all this time? Always.
9. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.
10. Don’t judge a book – or a person – by its cover.
11. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” ~ Sirius Black
12. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
13. Marry your best friend, they know all about you ~ Ron and Hermoine
14. “Never trust anything that thinks for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” –Arthur Weasley,
15. Wait for the one you really love ~ Ginny got Harry after 7 years.
16. Don’t waste your life being afraid of what follows. “To the well-organized mind, death is merely the next great adventure.” –Albus Dumbledore
17. You should be kind of a know-it-all. It helps a lot. ~ Hermoine was.
18. Never trust a man who shows up with a dragon’s egg in his pocket.
19. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
20. Family’s are important. And also, the family you are born into matters much less than the family you choose. ~ See Harry and The Dursley’s
21. You can ALWAYS count on you real friends to be there. ~ Harry + Ron + Hermoine
22. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” ~ Albus Dumbledore
23. All and any kind of knowledge is powerful (not just the things you study). Read some extra stuff. It could be useful. ~ take into account, Luna Lovegood and Hermoine
24. Never underestimate anyone ~ tons of examples here ! to name a few, Neviell kills Nagini. Fred and George start their own business etc etc.
25. Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.’ (One of my fav.)
26. Respect everyone ~ people, giants, elfs, owls, cats, centaurs.
27. You are never too old to love candies and sweets ~ remember Dumbledore’s passwords
28. Do not get between a mother and her child ~ Voldemort almost died coz of this.
29. Always question the authorities. If you have a doubt, absolutely clear it out.
30. It does not matter what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
31. Sometimes, you should break the rules.
32. Weasley is our King !
33. The one’s that truly love us, never really leave us. You can always find them in your heart.
34. Don’t let the muggles get you down.